Two a day lowers cholesterol plus many other health benefits for you to experience.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” was a clever marketing phrase coined by Washington state apple growers. Thought this fruit does have many health benefits right now we are talking about the vegetable ………….. Celery.
Surprised? For a long time now celery has been considered the perfect weight loss snack because one stalk has only about 10 calories. The entire plant can be eaten. Celery root is popular in stews and salads, the leaves are a nice tangy herb seasoning or garnish, and the stock has uses in everything edible raw or cooked.
Read through this article for 10 health benefits of eating celery. Share your favorite way to eat it.
1) Celery can be used as an anti-inflammatory in the body. For people who suffer from lung infections, joint pains, acne, asthma or any other diseases caused by inflammation can munch on a celery to reduce the symptoms.
2) Celery can balance your alkaline level. It is great for people who suffer from hyper acidity or gastritis.
3) Celery is a known stress reliever. It can soothe the nervous system and give you a peaceful and quiet sleep. …
4) Celery contains high amounts of water and is rich in fiber. This makes it a great aid of relieving constipation. It is also good for detoxifying the body …
5) Celery lowers blood pressure. It can increase the circulation of the blood in the body. It is highly suggested to eat celery when suffering from high blood pressure.
6) … Celery has butylphthalide that is used to reduce bad cholesterol. People who ate 2 stalks of celery have decreased their bad cholesterol levels by 7!
7) Sodium can be bad for the body, but celery contains the good kind of sodium. This good sodium is essential to the body and brain function.
8) Cancer prevention- Celery contains powerful flavonoids known to stop or prevent cancer cell growth. …
9) Contain high amounts of vitamin A … needed for eyesight and eye health.
10) Celery as an aphrodisiac. Celery contains androstenol and androstenone, these increase arousal in both men and women. …