Amazing Results in Health, Beauty, and Gardening With One Common Compound.
Magnesium sulfate is a common compound mineral also known as Epsom salt. Epsom salt has nearly endless uses because most living cells need magnesium to function effectively. The human body uses magnesium for bone, joint and muscle health and it is key to circulation and immune functions.
Many people are magnesium deficient (estimate about 90%) due to the following reasons: sleeplessness or stress; regular use of alcohol, caffeine, or sugar; too much calcium intake; poor soil conditions due to inadequate crop rotation and soil management; or over filtration of water.
Read below to get Signs and Remedies. Share what works for you.
Some Signs of Magnesium Deficiency:
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Anxiety and Depression
- High blood pressure
- Hormone problems
- high estrogen/progesterone,
- bad PMS,
- bad pregnancy mood and health
- Sleep problems
- Low energy and fatigue
- Poor bone health
- Artery calcification
Ways to Improve Magnesium Levels:
A. 4 Simple Uses of Epsom Salt to Boost Magnesium
& Relieve Ailments:
1. Relaxation & Sleep aid:
- Magnesium Bath Soak – 1 cup Epsom salt to warm bath water, soak for 20 minutes (great for kids before bed)
2. Aching Body:
- Muscle aches/sprains – 2 cups Epsom salt to warm bath water, soak for 20 minutes
- Foot Soak – 1 cup Epsom salt to a hot foot soak, 20 minutes
- Headache – bath soak (above)
3. Personal Care:
- Foot Scrub –
- 1 cup Epsom salt,
- ¼ cup oil (olive, almond, grapeseed, castor, etc.),
- 1 teaspoon liquid castille soap (optional),
- 10 – 15 drops essential oil.
- Directions – Mix all ingredients, store in an airtight container. Use 1 teaspoon at a time to scrub feet or body part. Rinse well.
- Face Wash – Add a pinch of Epsom salt to your face cleaner
- Skin smoothing – Mix ½ cup of Epsom salt with ¼ cup oil (olive, almond, grapeseed, castor, etc.). Scrub skin in the shower. Rinse well.
- Itchy skin / Bug bites / Sunburn-minor – 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt to ½ cup of warm water to dissolve. Spray on or wet cloth compress to skin for relief.
4. Garden soil care: Magnesium boost in your veggies.
- Soil prep – Before planting mix a few bags of Epsom salt in your garden soil and water.
- Transplanting – 1 tablespoon in the hole before adding the plant (tomatoes really do well)
- House plant improvement with Epsom salt water.
- Slug eradication – sprinkle Epsom salt around problem areas.
- Rose Beatification – Weekly sprinkle 1 tablespoon Epsom salt around rose plant before watering.
Get Epsom Salt click here.
B. Eat Magnesium Rich Foods:
Source 1 Source 2
Featured Image Image1 Image2 Image3 Image4
Food Chart – Thank you Wellness Mama