These days most face products are full of chemicals that either burn, itch, or dry out facial skin.
If you are looking for a simple, easy way to clean your face, treat acne, and/or reduce those dark circle under eyes, try this:
Baking Soda! That’s right! We are all familiar seeing a box of it in the refrigerator as an odor eliminator but baking soda has so many other uses. Aside from baking treats and cleaning every surface in the house, baking soda is also a natural and safe beauty product.
You can be beautiful naturally without the chemical toxins.
Below are two popular uses. Give them a try and share what you think.
Face Wash – Acne Scrub:
Use this remedy to scrub and exfoliate old and dirty skin and stimulate growth of new skin. Can also be used to help fade some acne scars.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda in a small dish,
- Add a drop of water,
- Mix well.
- Not too much water or it will be to liquidy thin and won’t exfoliate.
- Gently massage the paste onto your face (or focus on scars) with your finger tips. Leave the paste on your skin until it dries and hardens as the water evaporates.
- Wash it off well.
Repeat this cleansing process every day/night before going to bed.
Other Uses for Baking Soda:
Eye Bags and Dark Circle Treatment:
Skin around the eyes is sensitive and delicate and it can be nervous making to apply chemical products so close to the eyes. Ever burn your eyes with cosmetics, you definitely don’t wish to it again. This baking soda treatment can prevent that painful event from happening.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a glass (6-8 ounces) of hot water or tea,
- Mix well,
- Soak 2 cotton pads in the mixture,
- Place the cotton pads under the eyes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cotton pads and rinse face well.
- Apply natural moisturizing oil (like almond, grape seed, jojoba, etc.).
Repeat daily as needed.
For more remedies and recipes to treat yourself naturally try Everyday Roots book (Plus 3 bonuses).
Get quality natural products at wholesale prices here at Thrive Market.
Source Featured Image